Scott, this thread is for fics that AREN'T already posted in this forum; no fair reccing your own. :-p
Anyway... I find that the vast majority of fanfiction (even the ones recommended in this thread) aren't up to the standards I look for, which I'll admit are pretty high (i.e. is this writing on par with stuff youd see in published novels). However, you do find the occasional gem that is very well-written, and I encourage even people who "don't read fanfiction" to give us writers a chance, look around, and see what you find.
Here are some excellent pieces not found in this forum, from one of my favorite Avatar writers:
The Killer in Me, an Avatar fanfic - FanFiction.Net
a study of Parker Selfridge, post-movie.
This is an excellent character study of Parker Selfridge post-movie - his personal aftermath, how he responds to the events of the movie, what happens to him, etc. I find it to be completely plausible and true to canon. I highly recommend it, even if you hate Selfridge with a burning passion - actually, especially if you hate Selfridge with a burning passion.
With You Now, an Avatar fanfic - FanFiction.Net
The aftermath of a war is not the easiest time to start a relationship; this ties in to 'Without Seeing.' Jake/Neytiri
This is one of my favorite Jake/Neytiri pieces. Its sweet and romantic, but it also explores some of the difficulties and pain that theyre working through, without being overly dramatic about it. Theres something very mature and nuanced about the way its written.
Without Seeing, an Avatar fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Jake's thoughts on fate, faith, and Tom, post-movie. Jake/Neytiri
Pretty much what it says on the tin. This one is written in Jakes voice, first person; the author does a very good job writing from his point of view.
All Avatar writings
You came back
How do you make up after you've done the unforgivable? Jake and Neytiri have a conversation in the wake of Hometree's destruction, during their first real moment alone following his return as Toruk Makto.
The Last Train Home
Fourteen years after the war, a lone spaceship appears in the sky. The former members of the Avatar program watch its approach expecting the worst, fearing for their adopted home. Then the ship lands. And suddenly, nothing makes sense anymore.
Five seconds too late
This is a different kind of Jake/Neytiri romance, the story that would've unfolded had she been delayed for just five seconds while trying to reach him following the fight with Quaritch.
What is Valiant - An Avatar Fanfiction
Read Valiant - An Avatar Fanfiction fanfiction written by the author Monnify on Webnovel, This serial novel genre is Movies fanfic stories, covering adventure, friendship, fanfiction, avatar, malefemalelead. ✓ Newest updated ✓ All rights reserved
He is lost, and when she comes to his rescue.. sort of.. he is overjoyed. But when they learn their tribes are at war, it is easy for them to forget they are still the same species. On Pandora, they will face perils like no other, fighting Ikran, and Viperwolves. They will have to learn the ways of the forest and cliffs and coast like they didn’t know them before. Will they make it home, where they can hopefully find peace? Or will they forever be alone in the wilderness, struggling to survive as their Clans fight to the death? ____ This story is inspired by Avatar (the movie). Nothing other than the characters and their names belong to us (and even those were randomly generated).
You may also likeMore
My fanfiction is about movie Avatar. It is science fiction, adventure and action genre movie. In 2154, human found Pandora planet where Na`vi tribe lives. Na` vis are blue and tall uncivilized living thing. Human attacks Na`vi for substitute resources in Pandora planet and Na`vi try to protect their planet from the human. Moreover, human made Na`vi body which could transfer human`s spirit from human`s body. In the movie, there are many new creatures that cannot see around us and wars with primitive weapons interested me to write fanfic about Avatar.
- The first fanfic that I read was Pandora a whole new world by werewolfgirl022. This fanfic is about new female character called Sara. It has same background of movie avatar but new main character Sara does what Jake sully did in movie Avatar. And it is interesting that main character has changed gender and handle same situation to different way. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11662819/1/Pandora-A-whole-new-world
- .The second that I read was Twelve years later by Mr. Bossatronian. This fanfic is about new character called Dillon. Dillon is just added to original story of movie Avatar. And this fanfic progress in Dillon`s point of view. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11832263/1/Twelve-years-later
- The third fanfic I read was Finding home again by Na`vi knower. This fanfic is about one of Na`vi called Ami. This fanfic is about Ami part with Na`vi tribe during the war between human and Na`vi and travel to find somewhere safe and comfortable.
- The fourth fanfic I read was The hope of Pandora by final year. This fanfic is about happens when Jake sully had younger sister. Her name is Anadia who was progress Avatar program. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11654669/1/The-Hope-of-Pandora
- The last fanfic I read was Clouds on the Horizon2:Countdown to Armageddon by Jerathai. This fanfic is about after the movie Avatar. Ikran clan from the eastern sea invade ohmitakaya tribe where jake sully and Neytiri live.
Rated: T - English - Chapters: 35 - Words: 86,281 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 65 - Follows: 74 - Updated: 7/22 - Published: 9/24/2019 - Jake S., Neytiri, Tsu'tey, OC
Rated: T - English - Family/Supernatural - Chapters: 2 - Words: 3,202 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 4 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 7/20 - Published: 7/4
Rated: T - English - Chapters: 23 - Words: 62,494 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 16 - Follows: 20 - Updated: 7/20 - Published: 5/22 - Jake S., Neytiri, Tsu'tey, OC
Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 49 - Words: 797,869 - Reviews: 974 - Favs: 816 - Follows: 699 - Updated: 7/18 - Published: 4/7/2010 - Tsu'tey
Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 25,339 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 12 - Follows: 18 - Updated: 7/8 - Published: 6/13 - [OC, Jake S.] [Tsu'tey, Neytiri]
Rated: K - Spanish - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 4 - Words: 5,100 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 7/8 - Published: 12/1/2019 - [Jake S., Tsu'tey]
Rated: T - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 16 - Words: 44,108 - Reviews: 54 - Favs: 51 - Follows: 51 - Updated: 6/13 - Published: 5/20/2011 - Tsu'tey - Complete
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Drama - Chapters: 34 - Words: 163,831 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 32 - Follows: 40 - Updated: 6/1 - Published: 12/25/2011
Rated: T - English - Friendship/Adventure - Chapters: 5 - Words: 5,617 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 34 - Updated: 5/18 - Published: 4/3 - Jake S., Neytiri, Moat, OC
Rated: T - English - Family/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 27 - Words: 41,420 - Reviews: 22 - Favs: 192 - Follows: 195 - Updated: 5/16 - Published: 4/30/2019 - [OC, Tsu'tey] Jake S., Tom S.
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 39 - Words: 47,165 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 4/26 - Published: 1/6
Rated: T - English - Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 386 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 2 - Published: 3/1 - Jake S., Neytiri, Moat, OC
Rated: T - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 2 - Words: 7,344 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 2/28 - Published: 2/25 - Tsu'tey
Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 4 - Words: 18,866 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 8 - Updated: 2/28 - Published: 1/15 - Grace A., Max P., Sylwanin, OC
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 25 - Words: 168,005 - Reviews: 165 - Favs: 57 - Follows: 77 - Updated: 2/22 - Published: 4/5/2010 - Norm S., Jake S.
Rated: T - English - Family/Adventure - Chapters: 2 - Words: 3,521 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 19 - Follows: 29 - Updated: 2/9 - Published: 6/6/2019 - Jake S., Grace A., Eywa, OC
Rated: K+ - English - Family/Adventure - Chapters: 2 - Words: 8,449 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 30 - Follows: 34 - Updated: 1/24 - Published: 4/8/2019
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Drama - Chapters: 4 - Words: 10,344 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 1/17 - Published: 11/22/2018 - Jake S., Neytiri, Moat
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,862 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 3 - Published: 12/13/2019 - A. Ryder, OC - Complete
Rated: K - English - Humor/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,189 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 10 - Published: 12/12/2019 - Jake S., Neytiri, Trudy C., Norm S. - Complete
Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,655 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 2 - Published: 12/1/2019 - Trudy C., L. Wainfleet - Complete
Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 9 - Words: 17,590 - Reviews: 104 - Favs: 338 - Follows: 420 - Updated: 11/24/2019 - Published: 11/6/2014 - Tsu'tey, OC
Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,761 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 4 - Published: 11/9/2019 - [Jake S., Neytiri] Moat - Complete
Rated: K+ - English - Family/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,437 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 7 - Published: 10/27/2019 - [Jake S., Neytiri] [OC, Tsu'tey]
Rated: K+ - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,033 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 4 - Published: 10/26/2019 - OC - Complete
Movie fanfiction avatar
The many reasons why I love Avatar
Here are the reasons why James Cameron's Avatar is my most favorite movie, why I love it, why it's a great and wonderful movie, why I see it and I will see it thousands of times and why I'm a big fan and geek/nerd of it. These reasons are also features and things that the movie has.
1. Its genre is what I like the most: science fiction (with aliens or extraterrestrials, spaceships, robots, futuristic elements, futuristic advanced technology, journeys to other planets; journeys through the space, the galaxy and the universe, contact and relations with aliens, etc.), but besides it has everything: action, fantasy, adventure, romance, drama, humor, war with military contents and themes, etc.
2. It's an awesome and very well made movie with an original, beautiful, epic, exciting, interesting, creative, imaginative, absorbing, deep, touching, perfect and well thought and structured story, charged with action scenes and with epic and spectacular fights, wars and battles, love, dramatic and e
10 Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfics To Read Before The Netflix Series Releases
Avatar: The Last Airbender is getting a new series on Netflix. To hold you off until then, there are some stellar fanfics to check out.
Avatar: The Last Airbender has rich, compelling characters and worldbuilding. Therefore, it's the perfect series to write fanfiction for in order to further explore the characters and the world.
RELATED: Avatar: 10 Things Every Fan Should Know About Ty Lee
The series also ends with the characters realizing they have a lot of work ahead of them in order to fix what has been broken from 100 years of war. This opens up numerous possibilities in terms of where the story as a whole could go, as well as where individual character arcs could lead. Avatar is also getting a Netflix reboot, so here are 10 fanfics to read before the new show drops.
10 Eight Principles of Yong by psocoptera
Written by psocoptera, this story takes a slightly different approach to how Zuko ends the fighting towards the end of Sozin's Comet. He decides to show off his handwriting. In the middle of the present-day story, the reader is treated to flashbacks of Zuko's childhood and desperate attempts to gain his father's approval. Firewriting is a concept that expands the universe in only a slight way but is very interesting from a character standpoint in terms of what Zuko decided to do with it.
9 Went with her and is with her still by Damkianna
This tale, written by Damkianna, takes on the backstory of a character the audience never even meets, let alone hears about: Earth King Kuei's mother. Like the previous story, this one expands the universe slightly, here discussing the harem-like structure of the Earth King's family. He has multiple wives and children, but Kuei is the first son, so his mother is given special treatment. She fights for Kuei's life in multiple ways, scheming her way through the politics of the Earth King's court.
8 Forgotten Ones: Lieutenant Jee by Evilnor
Forgotten Ones: Lieutenant Jee, by Evilnor, covers the trial of all the men who were captured at the North Pole at the end of season 1. For Lieutenant Jee, it's a day of confusion, as he knows the war is over but doesn't know who the new Fire Lord is.
RELATED: Avatar: The Last Airbender: 5 Things Netflix's Remake Should Avoid Based On Past Live-Action Adaptations (& 5 That Will Make It Successful)
His oath of loyalty is still to Prince Zuko. It's wonderful to see an outsider's perspective on favorite characters and relationships, especially when the outsider is a minor character dealing with a strange situation like a court trial.
7 Eyes Open Wide by The Quiller
A beautiful character study, this piece by The Quiller covers Zuko after the war as he fights in a forest. The author truly understands what makes him up as a person, and his character development since the end of the series is believable, if mature and a bit sad. Zuko is only 22 in this story and carries a heavy burden. A companion story, Unbreakable, shows the aftermath of these events and is also quite somber.
6 Avatar Aang: An Annotated Bibliography by The Big Rocky Eye
Written by The Big Rocky Eye, this story is exactly what the title says: an annotated bibliography of Aang and his friends from several Avatars in the future. It's a fun blend of humor and scholarship. Among other things, Zuko and Sokka get into a yearslong debate about calculus and the Cabbage Merchant starts a business. This covers the lives of many characters in different ways, so nearly everyone gets a story. The dry tone of most of the scholarship contrasts perfectly with some of the more ridiculous events, such as the aforementioned mathematics debate.
5 Excerpts From the Diary of Princess Ursa by Karalora
Impressively, Karalora has written a haunting, beautiful series of diary entries for Princess Ursa. As her children grow up, she comes to truly understand her love for her son, even as her husband and daughter slip away from her. Ursa also becomes good friends with Iroh during this decade, even trusting him with her son's wellbeing. Ursa's thoughts on Azula are particularly harrowing, as she realizes what kind of person her daughter has become but doesn't know how to stop her behavior.
4 Mai by Alabaster86
Mai by Alabaster86 is both a character study and the story of how you move on after the end of something all-consuming, like a war, for example. This story, the first in a series, follows Mai as she navigates her life during and after the war.
RELATED: 10 Shows To Watch If You Like Avatar: The Last Airbender
Her quiet nature makes her easy to follow as a character, and the decisions she makes are interesting and understandable. The rest of the series, which follows the characters through to being parents, is also worth the read.
3 Hints of Change by PeaceLoveandasideofWriting
Set after the war, this story, by PeaceLoveandasideofWriting, revisits the Fire Nation school Aang attended in "The Headband." Slowly, change comes. After a century of war, it's not surprising that it would take a long time to get an entire nation to go along with the idea that the war is over and the world is now at peace, but it does make sense that those lessons should start to be taught in schools as soon as possible. That's what Aang and Zuko begin here, and what the other kids start to research: the truth.
2 Conversations by JupiterLily
This is a great friendship story by JupiterLily between Zuko and Aang. After all, they had to have been stuck waiting for the Sun Warriors in season 3 for quite a while. What did they talk about? This piece tries to answer that question, often with hilarious results. For one thing, Aang thinks Zuko should grow a mustache. And the narration is great. This is a humorous story based on the episode where everything began to ramp up for the finale. It serves as a perfect calm before the storm.
1 Halfway Home by zephyras13
Halfway Home, by zephyras13, is a very different look at Toph and Zuko. This story is fairly cynical in regards to both of their characters, and can, in a way, be a difficult read. However, hard reads can be just as powerful. Here, Zuko is not a natural leader and is barely holding everything together just a few years after the war. Toph is a wanderer who inappropriately falls in love with him. They try to make everything work, and the results leave something to be desired for everyone else, though perhaps not them.
NEXT: Avatar: Zuko’s 10 Most Memorable Lines
NextWhat If: 9 MCU Character Who Were Better On The ShowAbout The Author
Noemi Arellano-Summer is an arts and culture journalist working in the Los Angeles area. Armed with a BS in Journalism from Boston University, she has published work at the following publications: Boston Globe, Crime Report, Ancient World Magazine, Screen Queens, BU BUZZ, BU Quad, Mindfray, Catalyst.cm, the Boston Hassle, and the Celebrity Cafe. She is excited to share film, history, and the arts with people.
- Leupold 12x50 binoculars
- Registered dietitian jobs sacramento
- Cuenca ecuador images
- Vmware versions
- Cars diecast
- Plantronics b825 m manual
- Pasda aerial imagery
- Regal autosport
- Umass devices wifi
- Wii u wireless adapter
- Wdw couple jobs
- Hanging towel hooks
- Horoscopes daily fortune
Fanfic Recs / Avatar
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth joining Eywa for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Avatar, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Authors, and Websites
General FicsStories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Broken People by Tajjas
- Recommended by Catchandelier 34, GAK Dragon
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: Shows the time from when the battle ends, to... well it isn't finished yet, so who knows? Tsu'tey is alive in this one, and the story is from his pov. Focus is on the aftermath of war, and the not-quite-friends that are Tsu'tey and Jake. There is funny, and angsty, and some drama too. Hasn't Updated in a while, but... The hopeless hope.
Pandora's Hope by Xeal II
- Recommended by Velociraptor
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Details events after the movie, involving Jake and Norm's adjustments to their new lives, and another attack by the Company.
Into the Wild by Paladin 12345678
- Recommended by Zerban
- Status: Complete
- Pairings: There is a bit of UST between the two protagonists. Which gets less than U at the end.
- Synopsis: RDA soldier Jade West finds herself stranded alone in Pandora and has to find her way back. She meets an unnaturally short Na'Vi who can speak English, who offers to guide her home. Along the way Jade pokes fun at most of the things on Pandora and the Na'Vi's broken logic, putting a whole Rooting for the Empire spin on it. But then as the series goes on she and the Na'Vi find out a lot more about each other. Then... the ending...
Semper Victoria and its sequel Semper Furor by Katkiller-V
- Recommended by khaos974
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: [Semper Victoria] It's been fifteen years since Sully and the Na'vi exiled the RDA, but now humanity is returning to Pandora, and they are... displeased with being forced away from their most precious resource. Primarily a human-centric story, focusing on why the humans are there on Pandora and showing the conflict from a human angle.
- Synopsis : [Semper Furor] Several years after the events of Semper Victoria, humanity has rebuilt its strength upon Pandora, while the Na'vi still slowly heal. But not everything is peaceful, and whispers of doom and conflict fill the air as many Na'vi agitate to resume the war against the sky people, and humanity begins to consider if a total war is not the answer after all. Focuses more open the relationships between both the humans and the na'vi than Victoria, and how both view each other and the world around them.
Sugar, We're Going Down Swinging by 100 Silver Wings
- Recommended by Mr Thumbsup
- Vanished from the internet. Please post a link if found.
- Synopsis: What I think should have happened to Trudy. Not straying too far from the movie i.e she still dies *cries* Oneshot. Has nothing to do with the Fall Out Boy song, I'm just borrowing some lyrics. Rated for language
Unconquerable Spirits by Scott Washburn
- Recommended by Ryan Lohner
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Eywa's help never comes, and though the Na'vi are barely able to save the Tree of Souls, Quaritch survives and quickly starts planning the next stage of the war. Meanwhile, Jake's Avatar body is destroyed, and that's not the only devastating blow he faces.
Eywa is a Mother and its sequel Too Spicy for Eywa by Clever Nickname
- Recommended by Severen
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Eywa reveals that she's far from the nice, peace-loving goddess that the Na'vi have come to know her as. The sequel details her attempts to assimilate the late Miles Quaritch into her system.
The Endeavors of Art by Alex Checnkov
- Recommended by Kyrean
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: The Omaticaya Clan rebuilds, and Norm and the remaining humans carve out their role in their newly adopted home. RDA has invested too much in Pandora to give up after one fight, however, and prepares its response to the Na'vi.
''Brotherhood by Amaya Shinkuyoake
- Recommended by: GAK Dragon
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: Dr. Tom Sully survives, and his Avatar develops a twin of its own. Now both Sully boys are headed to Pandora. Just what will Tom's presence change?
- Pairing(s): Canon, with the addition of Tom/Ninat and hints of Tsu'tey/OC
Shipping FicsStories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
The Love of Broken Biomasses by Carliro
- Recommended by Peryton
- Status: Complete
- Pairings: Eywa/The Thing. Yes, that Thing.
- Synopsis: Eywa finds true love in the form of an assimilatory alien organism.
- Tags: Crackfic, Darkfic (it's humorous in tone, but it contains quite a lot of Fridge Horror and potentially terrifying descriptions), Yuri
Broken by CAMIR
- Recommended by Xerada
- Status: Dormant
- Pairings: Grace Augustine/Miles Quaritch
- Synopsis: Dark Shipfic about the "Relationship" between Miles Quaritch and Grace Augustine.
- Tags: Dark Fic, Sexual Content
Long Drive Home by Damkianna
- Recommended by Mike Rosoft
- Status: Complete
- Pairings: Trudy Chacon/Grace Augustine
- Synopsis: "Grace first meets Trudy Chacon on a shit day." Movie retelling, centered on Grace and Trudy and their relationship. Major AU towards the end.
- Tags: Women being awesome, Fix Fic.
The Invasion of Pandora by Gree
- Recommended by Santos L Halper
- Status: Dormant
- Crossover with: Warhammer 40,000
- Synopsis: The Imperium of Man lands on Pandora, intent on mining the precious resources on it with no care about the Na'vi. The Eldar (with help from their Na'vi allies), meanwhile, will fight tooth and nail to stop the Imperium from taking the planet and whatever is in it...
The Pandora Incident by british-guy
- Recommended by Blood Raven Fan
- Status: Complete
- Crossover with: Warhammer 40,000
- Synopsis: The Imperium of Man discovers Pandora and its resources, and sets into motion a series of events leading to the world's conquest and the Na'vi's last stand.